Hi! If you’re a Verizon Wireless customer, this tip is important for you.
Verizon doesn’t tell us to but we should be programming our phone on the network by dialing *228, pressing send, and selecting option 1. This is a free call and will give your phone the latest information it needs to work best on the Verizon network.
The information about your phone on Verizon’s systems is very important in terms of how your phone works. It includes settings about your phone’s roaming capabilities, access to the internet, text messaging and, if applicable, your email access. When you do the *228 programming, it loads Verizon’s current specs into your phone quickly and easily.
So here’s what you do:
- go to your phone’s telephone function.
- dial *228
- press send
- the call will be answered by Verizon’s automated system. Listen to the prompts.
- select option 1 to program your phone.
- you’ll listen to some music while your device is programmed (the music is pretty annoying but the process is mercifully short).
- you’ll hear that the process is complete…you can hang up.
That’s it! See? Simple!
How often should you do this? Verizon recommends every three months; I suggest you do it monthly! And if you have a blackberry and your email seems to be a little screwy, doing a battery pull and *228 might just well clear it up.
If you’re a vzw customer, do a *228 programming now!